FlowCytomix™ Pro 3.0 Software Overview
The eBioscience FlowCytomix Pro 3.0 Software (Cat. No. BMS8402FF) is complimentary with the purchase of our FlowCytomix Kits. To receive a CD or download the software, you will be asked to provide the LOT number of your FlowCytomix Kit for verification.
FlowCytomix Pro 3.0 Software Features
- Data results available minutes after completing an experiment.
- Complete analysis of raw data files from any flow cytometer (fcs-files; lmd-files) and calculation of sample values.
- License-free, multi-user program - compatible with PC and Macintosh computers.
- Dilution factor and standard range can be pre-defined.
- Analytes automatically loaded by choosing the respective catalog number.
- Regions are pre-set by software.
- Standard curve evaluation can be selected from linear, logarithmic, point-to-point or five-parameter logistic (5PL).
- Works with Accuri C6 machine data.
- Extensive options to customize your Reports.
- Fluorescence Clusters A and B show the fluorescence intensities of the large and small beads, respectively.
- Analytes are chosen automatically.
- Borders are adjustable by dragging the lines.
A desired statistical curve fit method can be chosen.
The program offers two interpolation models:
- "Point-to Point"
The interpolation between two adjacent points using a line (y=ax+b).
- "5P Logistic Fit"
The program will find the best curve fit (log(y) = ((a - d)/(1 + (log(x)/c)^b)) + d).
Ability to remove and add data points.
The FlowCytomix Pro 3.0 software has been validated for use on PC computers running Windows XP or higher, 256 MB RAM (recommended: 512 MB RAM) and on Mac running OSX 10.5.8 or higher and Java 1.6 or higher.
Tips and Tricks for optimal performance of FlowCytomix Pro 3.0
Data File Size
File size should be between 50 – 400 kB per data file. Bigger file sizes may lead to reduced working speed with the FlowCytomix Analysis software or a software crash.
- Make sure that appropriate threshold settings are selected (on most flow cytometers the default settings will be good – e.g. on a BD Calibur recommended threshold is 52 on FSC-H).
- Do not acquire too many beads (around 300 beads per analyte is sufficient).
Before you start with the set up, all compensation should be set to 0.
During set up with standard 1, adjust compensation Far Red - %PE until all beads are in a horizontal position (Compensation PE - %Far Red = 0).
Flow Cytometer Export Settings
Make sure that the data file export on the flowcytometer is done correctly. In case data files are exported as .fcs files we recommend exporting the files as .fcs 2.0 files.