Buffers and Solutions for IHC and ICC
Get the best results possible with support reagents optimized for specific staining protocols, including High and Low Protein Blocking Buffers and slide mounting media. We offer QC-validated reagents for immunofluorescent staining of tissues and cells with antibodies conjugated to eFluor Nanocrystals, as well as in all your routine microscopy applications for reducing background staining, minimizing fluorochrome quenching during analysis, and for mounting and long-term storage of slides.
IHC Antigen Retrieval Solutions – designed for use during the heat-induced epitope retrieval (HIER) step prior to immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections.
- Use in combination with heat (microwave, water bath, or pressure cooker) to restore the antigenicity of proteins modified during the formalin fixation of tissue
- Available in either High pH (10X) or Low pH (10X) formulations
IHC/ICC Blocking Buffers – developed for use in immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry protocols that require blocking of non-specific binding sites. Blocking buffers are recommended for use when staining cells and tissues to block nonspecific antibody binding. Use in blocking steps as well as a diluent for eFluor® Nanocrystal-conjugated antibodies.
- Two formulations available; compatible with organic dye-conjugated antibodies or unconjugated antibodies for 2- and 3-step staining protocols
- Low Protein formulation is ideal for applications using unconjugated, organic dye-conjugated or eFluor Nanocrystal-conjugated antibodies
- High Protein formulation provides optimal results when staining nuclear antigens, for FFPE tissue sections, or tissues with higher non-specific background
Choose High Protein Blocking Buffer for use with eFluor® Nanocrystal-conjugated antibodies directed at nuclear targets for optimal signal to noise.
Fluoromount-G™ is a clear liquid medium designed for use in mounting slides following immunofluorescent staining. This water-soluble medium is used to mount slides in which the final step of staining is aqueous. It forms a semi-permanent seal for prolonged storage of slides at 2-8°C.
- Does not fluoresce and may reduce the amount of fluorochrome quenching during fluorescence microscopy
- Compatible with eFluor® Nanocrystal and organic dye-conjugated antibodies, as well as other dyes
- Provided in convenient, ready-to-use 1X solution