We are seeking a highly motivated immunologist to join the Custom Products Development R&D team in San Diego. You will work closely with scientists in the R&D group to develop new products for the areas of immunology and cell biology with a primary emphasis on flow cytometry. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic scientist interested in utilizing your expertise to contribute to a rapidly growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
(other duties may be assigned):
- Under the guidance of senior staff, design, characterize, validate and commercialize new reagents for cell biology and flow cytometry applications, including multi-color panels.
- Interact and follow-up with customers regarding products specifications and validation.
- Work with other groups within R&D to track and support projects through each stage of development.
- Manage several projects concurrently to meet aggressive product launch timelines.
- Deliver written and oral reports to manager and extended R&D team at formal meetings.
- Collaborate with other departments across the organization (e.g., Technical Support, Quality Control, and Marketing) to support products.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph. D. in Immunology or equivalent with experience in cell biology or a Master's degree with a minimum of 2-3+ years of experience in a biotech or industry environment.
- Must have experience performing multi-parametric flow cytometry (5-color or more).
- Must be able to design experiments and analyze data independently.
- Capable of effective troubleshooting and optimizing technical protocols.
- Must be able to multitask effectively.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to meet changing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and goal-oriented.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, databases and FlowJo software is desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
We offer an exciting, entrepreneurial environment and a competitive compensation package, including salary, plus performance bonus and benefits (medical/dental and 401k). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our company culture is creative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are a right sized environment where you can stand out and make a difference.
To Apply For A Position:
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email your resume, salary expectations and references to Careers@eBioscience.com.
In your email, please describe the specific experience that qualifies you for this position.
Candidates only, no recruiting/staffing firms please.